For decades, the Arnott’s Biscuit factory was located in Homebush now North Strathfield. Since the factory’s relocation to Huntingwood, the site has undergone a remarkable transformation.
William Arnott’s first established a biscuit factory in 1904, when the factory opened in 1908, it was reputed to be the largest of its type in the southern hemisphere. The factory employed 2,000 people who lived locally.
The Bakehouse Quarter redevelopment started in 1998, taking the Arnott’s factory that was so familiar to locals and converting it into a shopping and leisure precinct.
Arnott’s retains its links with the area with its corporate office at the Bakehouse Quarter.